Hey people welcome to Jab I Write :) a bindaas forum for me and you to echo our thoughts... Ah the wonders of cyberspace! There is absolutely no issues on the kind of comments you make (Ucan choose to rip me apart) becoz I love Feedback. I know you might form an opinion of me soon after u read my blog but that's something I cant control...so Bindaas Bol!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Being Sexy is no Big Deal!

Are we Indian women getting comfortable with our sexuality lately? Now that times are changing, are we getting more and more conscious of the fact that we can be as HOT and Stunning as some of our western counterparts or even some of the hotties closer home ? I wonder…..

Because of family and societal conditioning , too many Indian women are sexually repressed and not even comfortable with exploring their own bodies. Sexually open women in India are most likely to suffer negative reactions, ostracism and verbal abuse. I notice that a lot of Indian men HATE to see their women act sexual. Even having sex with just one guy before marriage makes you a ****. The definition of a "good Indian woman" therefore is to act sexually demure and pretend to be virgin teritory! A bad Indian woman is one who is comfortable with the notion of sexuality, and is only meant to be used and abused.Not to forget ,your prospects of marriage too gets bleaker….

However today, it feels good to see a lot of our young crop of girls looking Hip in some real neat designer/ branded outfits that comfortably reveal more than they cover…but does it really end there? Nah, this is FASHION but there is more to sexuality than just looking good. But how do you define SEXY? Are all fashionable women SEXY or are all SEXY women fashionable? SEXY, STYLISH, SENSOUS,TRENDY, BOOTYLICIOUS, HOT, STUNNING My gawd!!!! Neverending words/ expressions/adjectives/watevers that at the end of the day I cant help but ponder-If it is really important for women to be all those and more to get noticed or is it OK if she is any one of those or none at all and still be comfortable in her skin?????

Sadly,in todays times the increasing exposure to sexual content shown on movies,TV, internet and magazines have not created any sense of liberation in the minds of women to actually make them comfortable with their sexuality but created a lot of undue pressure on them to pretend to be sexy without actually understanding the concept. There are millions of women in our country who try to blindly ape somebody they consider SEXY (without really understanding what it means) and end up becoming sad clones of each other!

Even I have been a confused soul and no matter how much I have tried to remain unflustered, I did fall victim to the magnetic nature of these expressions and tried hard to create a niche for myself( yes, u might think I am vain in trying to create a niche in this area rather than something more serious in life, but I know u thought about it too but are too serious to admit it and since its my blog, I have the right to be candid!)

Since there has been no one who has been able to simplify them for me, let alone differentiate between them…I have been left all by myself to deal with strong external influences to ultimately fathom their meanings and arrive at sometimes sensible and sometimes really funny conclusions. Personally,I choose and practise, “being SEXY with a subtle sense of individual style and loads of attitude to top a somewhat sensous mind and body!!!!!”

It helps if you’re naturally attractive (great assets, a smoking body, a deep tan, flawless skin) but I believe that too can be engineered(Think jargon-Makeovers!)Fortunately, things are changing even in India, and Youngistan seems to be opening up to the concept of sexual liberation.But an overdose can lead to sexual excesses, which again are not good for healthy self-esteem, but I guess it comes with the territory.

So you see, it's a cultural thing. When Indian men start to lighten up and begin to accept that their women are sexual beings, maybe Indian women will start being more open and more sexy in their own skin and trust me, its a great high !

So all you women out there, STOP BOTHERING AND GET SEXY!!!!!

1 comment:

Mrinalini said...

i love ur tag :) and yes sexuality should become acceptable in the case of us women...all can breathe easy that way.. :)